Thursday, November 24, 2005

Animal Pics!

Lots more pictures ahead!

These pictures are from a wetlab with the small ruminant club. I had the chance to perform ultrasounds on sheep and goats to determine if they were pregnant.



Aren't they cute?!



These are for you, Sarah! Super soft sheep!





Poultry lab. The turkeys are pecking at me. Scary but cool.



Beef lab. My hand is in the mouth, feeling where there is no teeth (this is how we would open the mouth to do an exam).



Vaccination lab. I'm giving an injection in the neck.



These next pictures are from a three day equine rescue course I took in early October. It was amazing. We were trained on mud rescue, water rescue, air lift, and other emergency procedures. So in case there is any type of flooding, trailer accident, etc., I am now a certified rescuer. It was a great experience, very realistic; we even had a night search, where we had to search through the campus for the injured horse, sedate it, and stabilize it on a stretcher. It was great because they used live horses for all the demonstrations.

Lifting using an A-frame.



Mud rescue.



Water rescue.



Night rescue.



Can you tell that I'm loving vet school?! It could not be more awesome.

Here are some random pictures with my friends.

Me, Chris and Raleigh hanging out.



Giving Jennifer a piggy-back ride.



Me and Nikita in the car.

1 Comments:

Blogger There. It is. said...

Wow. Those are some awesome pictures. It really does look like you are enjoying yourself. Nice to see you sportin' the Belles gear ;) but of course you would! I liked the picture of you with the turkeys. Yes, you are definitely enjoying yourself. :)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home